Consider These Factors before Hiring A Pool Builder
Getting a new in-ground pool is no small investment. It can cost you tens of thousands of dollars, so it’s not something you want to do with the wrong builder. Here are a few factors you should consider before hiring a pool builder for the job.
- Get at least three bids. You should never go with the first person you find. To ensure you’re getting a fair price on your pool, have at least three builders put in a bid on the project. When comparing the bids, make sure to pay attention to what is being included in the bid amount.
- Ask about their designs. Some builders work off a few basic templates for their pools, and they don’t deviate much from them. This might work for some people, but if you want something designed to fit your yard better, find a builder that employs expert designers.
- Look at their past projects. Ask for references as well as photos of the pools they’ve built. You don’t want a designer and builder whose style doesn’t fit with your own preferences.
- Consider their experience. Look at the number of years they’ve been in business, as well as the kinds of projects they’ve completed in that time. Make sure they have experience with ones similar to yours.
- Remember the area around your pool. It’s a good idea to find a contractor that can handle building your deck and fixing up the surrounding landscaping for a flawless, finished look.
One thought on “Consider These Factors before Hiring A Pool Builder”
My two brothers and I have finally convinced our parents to build a pool in our backyard, and now they need to hire a builder. I appreciate your suggestion to ask for photos of a builder’s past projects to find one that suits your preferences. I’ll make sure that my parents find a pool builder that has a portfolio that matches the style they want for our pool.